Let's make Quasi-Crystal Model
©1993-2011 Akio HIZUME
Anybody make perfect quasi-crystal model using bamboo rods. Participants assemble the transparent dodecahedron first. Each face has holes to insert the rods basing on the pentagonal Penrose Tiling.
270 bamboo rods have been inserted.
Finally the transparent jig has been removed.
Most of participants can complete it within 6 hours (one day).
* Phenomena Art Forum, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan (1993)
* IAMAS (the International Academy of Media Arts and Sciences), Ogaki, Japan (1999)
* Hawaiian Bamboo Society, Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A. (1999)
* American Bamboo Society, Austin, Texas, U.S.A. (2002)
* Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics of the Ryukoku University, Seta, Japan (2011)
* Public learning course, Shizuoka, Japan (2011)